New packages that might cause X to lock up?

... with a card (Matrox Mystique 4meg) that should be supported quite
well?  This is making me nuts (luckily the computer doesn't die, I can
still ssh in and shut it down), and I can't finish up packages, or
code at all for that matter.  Dejanews returns almost nothing with
matrox mystique (crash|lock) linux (no, I didn't use the regexps).
At the time, I was running netscape and emacs from another box, via X,
emacs and some rxvt's locally, all in fvwm2.

I suppose this is maybe not the best place for this question, but if I
am to have my packages ready for slink, I need to figure this out
quickly.  I kind of wonder if the motherboard is wacked... I don't
need more stress:-(

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org