Re: Upcoming 2.1 Release Architectures

> > Oh, i can generate a kernel-image_2.1.125-1_powerpc.deb along with source
> > and dsc files and upload it to master, but will you and the other arch
> > maintainer agree with this??
>
> If it's a powerpc package only, I don't see why there would be a problem.
> It should get installed automatically without ever coming to my attention.
> Or is there something I don't understand?

Great news. But uploading a *.deb package without source?? I think this will
be rejected!? And you mean uploading to unstable, not to experimental?

And in the past, we have had one kernel-source with additionel patches for
not fully supported architectures (as m68k). I think this will be similary for
linux-2.2 - i386, alpha and powerpc are fully integrated, but arm and m68k
won't (don't know it for sparc and mips).

But uploading 2.1 kernel images will help. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

   Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de