Re: Upcoming 2.1 Release Architectures

> > We need a 2.1.x kernel source package, which isn't available for debian.
>
> I don't see why you couldn't create one just for the powerpc arch.  Either
> way, v2.2 of the kernel should be available before v2.2 of Debian.

Yes, last rumors say that linux-2.2 came out short before christmas.

Oh, i can generate a kernel-image_2.1.125-1_powerpc.deb along with source
and dsc files and upload it to master, but will you and the other arch
maintainer agree with this??

> > Brian and the other arch maintainer with 2.1 kernels: what about to
> > have the linux-cvs tree (as a debian package) in experimental?? This
> > will help. Linux-2.1.125 is very near on linux-2.2 !!
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand.  What do you mean about the linux-cvs tree?

The linux-cvs tree fits better for all architecturces then the 'normal' linus
tree. But anyway, i think start working on pre-linux-2.2 is a good thing.
Xfree needs some work for framebuffers, new alternativly x11 setup for boot-floppies,
new config files for the kernel-package, ...

BTW: have we binaries for the bttv driver available (video/audio driver)?

Greetings,

   Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de