shutdown and X

Hi,

I just noticed that when my machine gets shut down cleanly, and there was
an open X session (which gets terminated), the words "crash" get inserted
into the wtmp, utmp or lastlog (whichever last uses) instead of the normal
log out time.

Does anyone else experience this?  Is it a bug or a 'feature'?  (I tend to
feel it gives a missleading impression from the last output - my machine
doesn't crash!!)

Thanks,

Chris

REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)   ....Debian GNU/Linux
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5