Re: Edits to Startup Disk Help

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 03:42:45PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:
> I posted a patch to the boot-floppies package with changes to the help
> screen.  Since I didn't get feedback on it I wonder if this is not the
> approved method of making changes to other people's packages.
>
> The edits, if you're interested, are on master
>
>   master.debian.org/~elf/patches/boot-floppies_2.0.11_p1

Oops, I forgot to reply before. I've downloaded the patch. Your help
screens look nice, and I'll probably use them for the next boot-floppies
set. Thanks.

About the "approved method", I guess it is through the bug tracking
system, but I don't mind downloading a patch, and it means less
"administrative work" for me (it's a pain to deal with boot-floppies bug
list, as this package usually gets as much reports about bugs in syslinux, the
kernel, modconf or even dselect as reports about real boot-floppies bugs).
Also, we (the boot-floppies team) have received patches at the
boot-floppies@packages.debian.org, and nobody has complained (yet). :-)

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es