Re: updates to Debian pages

Hi

James A. Treacy wrote:
> One thing I forgot to mention to you. Could you please add the
> final / on directories? It is proper to add them, but not
> mandatory. Additionally it confuses the urlchecker I use (yeah
> I'll fix it eventually). I have already fixed the occurrences
> of devel/ and got a few others in the process.

Adding the / is one of the easiest ways to save bandwidth. A
browser asking for a directory without a / gets a 301
redirection:

------
$ telnet www.niederglatt.lugs.ch 80
Trying 10.0.24.1...
Connected to www.niederglatt.lugs.ch.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /Buchhaltung HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:24:44 GMT
Server: mod_perl/1.15 Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) Debian/GNU
mod_perl/1.15
Location: http://www.niederglatt.lugs.ch/Buchhaltung/
Connection: close

<HTML><HEAD>