Re: LICENSES [was: Re: Have you seen this?]

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Alan Cox wrote:
[..]
> And lots of people haven't kicked stuff back. Why doesn't *BSD run on an
> SGI Indy - its because the BSD license didnt force all the neat stuff
> to be contributed back. And there are thousands of other examples like it.

I fail to see how this is all that much different from the GPL
perhaps scaring off a comercial entity from contributing code.  Of course
I don't have a specific example off the top of my head :)

> > Your "the world outside of GPL is evil" attitude is quite bogus.
>
> I don't know where you got that from. But its not my attitude.

I get that feeling from this whole thread, but perhaps that's just me.

- alex