Re: [conrad@srl.caltech.edu: ANNOUNCE: Fulcrum scientific plotting tool update]

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:
> I wonder if somebody plans to package this one.

> Subject: ANNOUNCE: Fulcrum scientific plotting tool update

Also look at our Guppi plot program, http://www.gnome.org/guppi/ - it
doesn't do as much as Fulcrum yet because it does not build on Yorick and
plotutils. However, this is its strength; eventually interactive use
should be much nicer, and the plots will be embeddable in Gnumeric and
other Gnome programs. Guppi will also support plotting of timeseries,
which is fairly weakly supported in plotutils I think.

Guppi is around 4000 lines of original code (grep ";" | wc), plus a couple
more thousand in original libraries written for it, so it's not vaporware,
though it is alphaware. :-) Not sure it's ready for packaging but keep an
eye on it.

Havoc