Intent to package: uvscan

This follows up my post on Thursday regarding the 'Suggestion - Antivir for
Linux' thread. There was a minor amount of interest for a mcafee installer
package so in it goes.

 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 5188 bytes: control archive= 2264 bytes.
     672 bytes,    19 lines      control
     295 bytes,     5 lines      md5sums
    3547 bytes,   141 lines   *  postinst             #!/bin/sh
     271 bytes,     6 lines   *  prerm                #!/bin/sh
 Package: uvscan
 Version: 3-1
 Section: contrib/admin
  Installs the Network Associates version of McAfee Virusscan (30-day trial
  or licensed) on your Debian system.
  .
  Network associates does not allow redistribution of their software, so
  Debian is unable to distribute full packages. You will need to download
  the latest .tar from ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/unix/linux/ and place
  it in /tmp (or $TMPDIR) before installation.

It installs Network Associates Inc's files to /usr/lib/neta and places a
simple wrapper in /usr/bin:

#!/bin/sh
ANTIVIRUS="/usr/lib/neta" exec /usr/lib/neta/uvscan $*

It also includes a build-uvscan script which will create full .debs of
uvscan and its dats:

-rw-r--r--   1 rcw      rcw        566646 Aug  9 20:49 uvscan3-dats_3.00.3105_i386.deb
-rw-r--r--   1 rcw      rcw        140082 Aug  9 20:49 uvscan3_3.1.8-1_i386.deb

uvscan3 also contains the build-uvscan script, therefore it is the world's
first self-replicating .deb :)

(Yes, I'm well aware that 3105 is out of date, however I don't have any
virii to scan on my home development machine, so I don't really care :)

There currently isn't a script to update the dats.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@oz.net
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses" -- Richard Gabriel