Re: PROPOSAL: one debian list for all porting efforts

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > Do you think this list would be useful or that the already
> > existing lists can carry the load (namely debian-devel)?
>
> This list is not needed and I don't consider it useful at all.

(As a porter) I disagree; I've often wanted to contact more than just
m68k porters, and short of cross-posting (aka spamming)
debian-{alpha,powerpc,sparc,(whatever other lists there are for the
newer ports)}, which are also user lists, I can't do that.

> General questions (e.g. using -m<bla> with dpkg-genchanges) should
> be discussed on -devel.

Blah; debian-devel has _way_ too much traffic already, so much so that
several porters don't read it.

--
James