Re: LICENSES [was: Re: Have you seen this?]

    Martin> Will Debian remove Motif linked XEmacs from their ftp
    Martin> server?  According to several Debian developers Motif is
    Martin> not a part of the OS.

No. We don't link xemacs with Motif. Besides, since lesstif is a part
of the OS, we can and do link any Motif applications we can with it.

    Martin> Will Debian remove LyX from their ftp server? According to
    Martin> several Debian developers Xforms is not a DFSG compatible
    Martin> library.

This is a harder one. :) xforms is in the non-free distribution of
Debian, which technically makes it not part of the operating
system. I'm not sure how that interacts with the GPL.

Ben Gertzfield, Debian Developer

Brought to you by the letters V and P and the number 9.
"If you turn both processors off, you will have to reboot." -- The Be Book
Debian GNU/Linux -- where do you want to go tomorrow? http://www.debian.org/
I'm on FurryMUCK as Che, and EFNet and YiffNet IRC as Che_Fox.