Re: Squid2, how to handle incompatible upgrade

Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:

> Never mind - I forgot how I handled it the last time, from the 1.0 to
> the 1.1 upgrade. Just test in the preinst for the previous version and
> show a warning, upgrade instructions and a prompt there. Seemed to
> work the last time .. so it will probably work this time as well.

Hi Mike, I downloaded your squid-2 package and installed it in our
production server and everything seems to be running smoothly.

The only pain I had to face was that I had to upgrade my libc6 and
that upgrade broke sendmail, so I had to upgrade sendmail as well.
Other than that, the new squid.conf was easy to set up (provided that
my squid 1.2 squid.conf file was in good shape).

Thanks!

peloy.-