Re: Squid2, how to handle incompatible upgrade

In article <[🔎] 87ogrn2ope.fsf@mdorman.law.miami.edu>,
Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman-debian-devel@debian.org> wrote:
>I did notice a reference on the mailing list (no specifics), on a way
>you could keep your existing cache hierarchy with squid2.

Yes, by running the old and the new server at the same time and
requesting all stored data from the old cache .. something that's
pretty much impossible for our situation. Besides it only
works if you have plenty of free space, and it would probably
take hours if not days for a big cache .

Hey it's just cached data ..

Mike.
--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.