Re: dpkg config files in /etc ?

Thomas Gebhardt wrote:
> And "debian_version" should go to /var.

debian_version is static. It should not go to /var.

The fact that it "changes" every time you upgrade the entire system does
not make it to be less "static". Otherwise we would have to move /usr to
/var as well, since it does also change "most of the time" on upgrades
(I don't know of any case of package in Debian 1.3.1 for which there was
not a newer version available in Debian 2.0).

--
 "dcb085e5045286a9c51c91fd1609fc9d" (a truly random sig)