Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 22:38:01 +0100 (BST)
From: "G. Kapetanios" <gk205@cus.cam.ac.uk>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: more trouble with deleted root partition please help !!!!!

I have manage to salvage a minimal system after accidentally deleting my
root partitioon. I tried to install debian stable but it did not work.
I did floppy disk installation butfloppy relaiobility does not seem to be
the problem. Let me explain why I have the debian disks on an unharmed
partiotin which I can access. However the file base2.0_... produces an
errror
on my system it goes away too fast to read it. Obviously the same error
appear with floppies even  when I re-downloaded the floppies from the net.
I am using july 21 1998 floppies is there a problem with thith those ?

Anyway I installed a debian 1.0 ( yes !!) from some old floppies
The installation went ok. I have the distribution in a
another partiton and I tried to use dselect but the Package file had a
problem and  dpkg does not work.  I can solve the problem only if I could
run program from my /usr partiton which I can access
This is the second problem I can see the binary
I can cat the binary but I can't run it
# /usr/bin/less
/usr/bin/less: No such file or dicrectory

Any ideas ?
George

George Kapetanios
Churchill College