Re: Better (inc. asynchronous) DNS client (stub resolver)

> I'm halfway through implementation, but it occurred to me that some
> people might like to comment on my proposed API.  So, below you'll
> find a prototype of the header file.  You'll notice I haven't given it
> a proper software licence yet, but the library itself will be GPL'd.
>
> If you have some requirement you don't think would be addressed by the
> API presented below let me know.  If you don't understand the API
> below then I'm afraid I can't help you atm - I haven't written the
> documentation yet.

It looks right to me.  I wonder why you called adns_interest such.
Isn't is a variant of select, perhaps a preselect?  I'm a fan of the
philosophy that if it looks like a mouse, smells like a mouse....

BTW, I'm glad you're doing this.  The synchronous nature of libresolv
requires me to explain lots of things to my clients that I'd rather be
obviated by a proper library.