Re: GPL'd libforms dependent package

On Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 04:09:46PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > ``As a special exception the software may be distributed linked against the
> > libforms library without including the source of the libforms library even
> > though the GPL would normally bar this, as long as the requirements of the
> > license are followed in every other respect.''
>
> The LyX license says GPL !
> (I donwloaded the diff file and hunted for debian/copyright)
>
> I am facing the same issue with two packages.  It would be nice to settle it.

IMO this is not that much of a problem since the lyx (or whatever package)
team would have to sue itself for copyright infraction (right?). After all
they can change it to whatever they want.

The real difference with KDE is that they incorporate other GPLed source
without bothering to ask the copyright holder. So they might be sued by
others who see there source linked against qt.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!