Re: GPL'd libforms dependent package

Gregory S. Stark wrote:

> John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.Arizona.EDU> writes:
>
> > 	This a kind of interesting looking package.  It is GPL'd but
> > depends on a no-source-available library.  I just reread the relevant
> > portions of the GPL, but I'm no Talmudic scholar.
> > 	Can the GPL be properly applied to this ?
> >
> > http://ifb.bv.tu-berlin.de/JOCHEN/XSTAB/xstab.html
>
> All the author has to do is add something to the effect that
>
> ``As a special exception the software may be distributed linked against the
> libforms library without including the source of the libforms library even
> though the GPL would normally bar this, as long as the requirements of the
> license are followed in every other respect.''

The LyX license says GPL !
(I donwloaded the diff file and hunted for debian/copyright)

I am facing the same issue with two packages.  It would be nice to settle it.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada