Re: dh_make

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Craig Small wrote:
csmall>rjc@coker.com.au wrote:
csmall>> I have recently created a debian/rules file with dh_make, it used "-g" for
csmall>> CXXFLAGS and "-g -O2" for CFLAGS.  Is there any reason for not using -O2 for
csmall>> C++ compilation?  Also do we really want debugging symbols in all the
csmall>> binaries?
csmall>>
csmall>> The C++ code compiled with -O2 seems to run well, so I don't think there's
csmall>> any compiler error for my setup (latest EGCS) at least...
csmall>
csmall>I don't think we need to include debugging code, I'm not sure where the -g
csmall>comes from in the CXXFLAGS as I thought I didn't set that anywhere.
csmall>scooter$ grep CXX /usr/lib/debhelper/dh_make/*/*
csmall>scooter$

	Maybe I don't understand what you-all are talking about,... but
doesn't policy require compiling with -g and then stripping ?  Last time I
read the policy manual, this was the case.

	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>