Re: KDE - what's up ?

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 08:10:43PM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> KDE is still in the contrib section.

You can expect something to be done with KDE soon.  Unless KDE changes their
license soon and applies fixes for the licenses they can't change, you can
expect KDE binaries to go away.  KDE source packages will probably hang
around if the KDE maintainer wishes them to since there is no problem with
the source.

> I don't want to start the endless thread again, but what is with the KDE
> apps I maintained ? Should I ask the ftp maintainers to remove them, or
> should I keep them up to date.
>
> I do not beg for it since I switched over to GNOME & Enlightenment but
> since I am the maintainer of klyx,ksendfax etc I would at last keep them
> up to date by recompiling them against KDE 1.0.
> (Now most of them core dumps since they are for KDE Beta4 ! Bug Reports are
> sweeping me over :-()

Are the licenses of these packages forgiving of linking with Qt?  f not,
there's a problem you should probably take upstream.