Re: XEmacs, TeX, and Re: Lengthy Debian install procedures

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 08:43:10AM -0700, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Branden> That and the fact that you really can expect to find GNU
>     Branden> emacs and TeX on just about any Unix system in the world,
>     Branden> regardless of vendor, which is part of the definition of
>     Branden> the standard priority.
>
> Show me where, in the shipped versions of AIX, Solaris, HP-UX,
> SGI.... (you get the picture) there exists an emacs package *or* a Tex
> package.

Well, I guess Purdue spoiled me.  They had things set up so that TeX and
emacs were always around on all their Unices, at least on all the
general-purpose machines I encountered.  They didn't always stay on the
bleeding edge of the releases, but the stuff was there...

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  A committee is a life form with six or
Purdue University                   |  more legs and no brain.