Re: XEmacs, TeX, and Re: Lengthy Debian install procedures

On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 04:10:25PM -0500, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> David Welton writes:

> > It's a pretty common editor, even on commercial unixes.
>
> Who ships it as a standard editor?  I think anyone coming to Linux from
> commercial Unix will expect to need to install emacs.

Well, most commercial unixes don't seem to have much of anything
useful from the start (or at least that is what my little experience
has lead me to believe), but, from my experience, I have seen that
most of them end up with certain tools, thus they are 'standard'.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org