Re: mozilla problems

On Sun, Sep 27, 1998 at 12:17:33AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Now to the issue at hand. /usr/X11R6 is reserved for the X11 release 6
> distribution. We also use it for certain X software like window managers and
> further X servers (I use it for my VNC packages, for example).

And lots of kde stuff. And programs that are distributed vie ftp.x.org but
not belong to the X release like axe. And programs that just happen to use
X. How about x64, x11amp, xtrkcad, lyx just to name a few I found quickly
looking into /usr/X11R6/bin. BTW this path shows the major difference to
/usr/perl5: It is a bin directory!

> But I don't think it's a good idea to use it for user applications in the
> common sense. There are several reasons:

Sorry, Marcus, but none of your arguments fit the bill. I agree with you
that binaries that are able to run on the console do not belong into
/usr/X11R6/bin. But mozilla can not! This program only runs under X.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!