Re: UDI

> Back to my comments.... It appears to me that since the discussion is around
> source, and the UDI documents are available, that there should be no reason
> that developed source should not be GPL'd.

thanks for the clarification, but would that not mean that hardware vendors will make binary only UDI drivers, i386 binaries or possibly alpha, merced and ppc version, but not for the rest of us.

also the presence of binary only drivers would prompt them to respond "you should just use our binary UDI driver" to any request to get more technical information.

also this don't solve the problem of buggy hardware drivers, and other such.

binary only drivers are _EVIL_ .

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER