Ading a wastebasket

Since I happen to remove files I still need quite often I'm thinking about
adding a feature that only moves the file out of the way, but still keeps
them on the machine.

There is only one such mechanism I know of, namely the delete program as rm
replacement from the MIT Athena project. But for several reasons I don't
really like it. Most importantly of course it is not really rm compatible.
But also because it cannot prevent you from removing files from an
application.

So I wonder whether these is a package taking care of this. Otherwise I
might consider writing one. My idea would be to create a library that
overloads the unlink() call. I wonder if others would be interested in this
too.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!