Re: GNUS.deb ?

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:
> What happened with this package? Are you still intersted in maintaining this
> package Michael (Alan ?) ? Double checking the gnus site, I see that version
> 5.6.43 is out, but the version in slink is only 5.6.27... I use GNUS as my
> primary (and most important) computer tool, and I would very much like to
> have the latest versions...

I've been far too swamped to keep up with the, uh, frenetic pace of
gnus releases, although I agree that the package should at least be
updated to the latest stable version, even if I don't try to track
pterodactyl gnus any time soon.

Also, Manoj posted a gnus-packagizer about a week after I posted my
package.  You might want to look at that.  Someone even suggested
having new gnus releases be auto-packaged, which is a sort of
interesting idea.

Basically, I would love for someone interested to take over the
package.  I rarely need new gnus features, and I don't do exotic
things, so I don't usually run into bugs---which means I have little
impetus to keep up myself.

Mike.