Re: Intent to package: NCBI biology tools (Was: SUMMARY: Intent to package: molecular biology programs

On 23-Sep-1998, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> wrote:

> It is a huge source archive (10 Mbytes in the .Z distribution form, 6 Mbytes
> with gzip -9) so I hope it will not overload the source CD... It compiles fine
> on Linux.

The source CD is already full.  The "x11" directory had to go on the
contrib CD for 2.0.  So don't worry too much about it.

> Binaries distributions exist, but not for any Linux.
>
> On Tuesday 1 September 1998, at 16 h 23, the keyboard of Stephane Bortzmeyer
> <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> wrote:
>
> > Rasmol (already a Debian package) is also a good example: It's a
> > chemistry program but it is used a lot by biologists. So, everybody
> > agrees to replace Math by Science in slink?
>
> I'll soon begin to upload the first biology programs (just waiting a working
> account on master) and it seems no decision has been taken about it. Should I
> upload in Math (no!) or in Misc ? There is no obvious section for me and I
> strongly vote for the Science section.

You will need to get people's attention by starting a new thread called
"rename math directory to science" or something like that.  Not enough
people are reading this discussion.

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.     - Benjamin Franklin

Tyson Dowd   <tyson@tyse.net>   http://tyse.net