Re: When a source package splits into two

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 08:14:37AM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> G'day All,
>   I'm now maintinaing the djtools package, which has an interesting problem;
> it doesn't really exist.  What does exist is hptools and djscript which are
> two separate programs written by the same author.
>
> Should I split the debian packages into two or just keep them all in one?

That'd be my thought, just make them suggest each other.  It's possible to
also build a non-pristine source and just pack the two source trees together
and build as one package with diffs..

The former is better.  If the older djtools package did exist as one
package, make the two newer packages replace it and probably they should
conflict with it too.