Re: gawk or mawk?

"M . Dietrich" <mdt@mdt.in-berlin.de> writes:

> the package sgml-tools just depends on gawk, while autoconf says gawk
> or mawk. i have installed mawk and while installing sgml-tools got
> into trouble - does sgml-tools really need gawk or does it mean gawk
> or mawk also?

I don't know.

The upstream author says in guide.txt:
  In addition to this package, you will
  need some additional tools for generating formatted output.

  4. gawk and the GNU info tools, for formatting and viewing info
files.
     These are also available on ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu, or on
     ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/utils/text (for gawk) and
     ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Manual-pagers (for GNU
info
     tools).  awk will not work.

That's why I hesitate to use some non-gawk awk.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de>
http://www.sax.de/~sr1/