Re: Uploaded tmpreaper 1.4.8 (source i386) to master

On Wed 16 Sep 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	In security parlance, any statement like "well, we felt we did
>  not need the security" is suspect and leaves on with the same
>  feelings as watching the co-ed camper walk into the dark barn to get
>  something in a horror flick does. If you are in a horror flick, carry

 :-)

>  plenty of light, and flock. On a computer system, add as much
>  security as you can bear to have in place.

OK, point taken.

> 	From my experience on UNIX systems, I also expect to see /tmp
>  cleared up from time to time. This is normal.
>
> 	These two taken together seem to argue for a standard
>  tmpreaper, with documentation that discourages tmp cleaning without
>  tmpreaper.

OK, any votes against making it "standard"?  If not, any suggestions for
changes to the default config? It currently keeps files for 7 days; I
personally think that's a bit short, but what do the rest think?  I've
already suggested adding ssh-* to the list of files that aren't cleaned
up.

>  Nezvannyi gost'--khuzhe tatarina. [An uninvited guest is worse than
>  the Mongol invasion] Russian proverb

I've seen your sig generator do better on-topic quotes :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands