Re: Unidentified subject!

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> One of many.  I can get a nice printed copy of a manpage with man -t
> bash | lpr, for instance.  One can't search through the entire info
> pages, either.  I just don't like them one bit.

I can search through the entire info pages rather easily.

First off, there's cd /usr/info; grep ...

Secondly, there's info ___, then typing control-s

As for printing, that problem is an artifact of how we're packaging
things.

Though it would be nice to have a mechanism to print just the reference
information, organized as well as a man page, from the info file.
[Here, it wouldn't matter so much that you've lost the original page
boundaries, etc.  Though obviously the info format would have to be
enhanced to indicate the proper reference material.

That said, I really like pod.

--
Raul