Re: Ratifying the constitution

Buddha Buck <bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu> writes:

> If they don't like it, you can force it to a vote.  I think you require
> seconds yourself inorder to do that, and then when it comes to a vote,
> you have to have a 3:1 majority.

Yes.

> Out of curiosity, how formal does a proposed amendment have to be.

As formal as you think it needs to be in order to convince people to
pass it.

> I propose that the constitution be modified to replace the work
> "second" (and affiliated declinations thereof) with the word "sponsor"

Webster (www.m-w.com) defines it as:

   2 a : to support or assist in contention or debate b : to endorse (a
   motion or a nomination) so that debate or voting may begin

So I don't think the proposed constitution is using the word
incorrectly.

Guy