C-Kermit doesn't like me

Args.  The Debian version of kermit looks completely unusable to me.
Why does it write "+++ ATQ0V1H0" to the modem all the time?  I'm in
CON(sole) mode and write "ATZ", I don't see the reply from the modem,
the lights flicker, so the command was executed and right after that I
see this "+++ ATQ0V1H0".  This is *NOT* written in my .mykermrc and
*NOT* listed in /etc/ckermit.ini which I have renamed to ckermit.inix
so kermit doesn't use it.

Do I miss something or is the current version of kermit simply
corrupt?

ii  ckermit         193-3          A serial and network communications package.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum