Re: kernel timer resolution

In article <[🔎] B0000035165@teleco.upv.es>,
Juan Pedro Lara Mendiola <jualamen@teleco.upv.es> wrote:
>I want to change the resolution of the kernel timer. In the manpages,
>the variable HZ is named, but I don't know how it is changed. Please
>help me. Thanks!

You change it by finding the definition of HZ in the kernel source
and then recompiling the kernel. To avoid confusion you need to
recompile your library (libc6) and all applications that use HZ as
well, so it might not be worth the trouble.

Mike.
--
  "Seed me, Seymour"
  -- a random number generator meets the big green mother from outer space