Re: PAM still a goal for slink?

> If we decide to bump the soname, we could move the modules at the same
> time, and both versions could coexist for a time.  As far as I know,
> only ppp-pam currently uses the PAM library.

I think we should bump the soname.

Not doing so causes problems.

RedHat can bump theirs painlessly to achieve compatibility.

The worst thing that could result from RH doing this being that you
might have the same library with 2 sonames under RH, and thus waste a little
disk and memory until the transition is complete.

Cheers, Phil.