Re: software licensing

Derek B. Noonburg writes:
> My fundamental belief is this: If I create a piece of software, I have
> the right to determine who can distribute it (and modified versions of
> it), and under what conditions they can distribute it.  If someone
> violates my conditions, that's wrong.  If you don't like my conditions,
> you obviously have the right to not distribute my software.

You certainly have the right to determine the conditions of distribution of
your software.  However, if you want your software distributed (and if you
don't, why go to all this trouble?) you must also consider that some
conditions which you might like to place on it might result in it not being
distributed at all.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)