Re: About the GPL
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: About the GPL
- From: Rob Browning <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Sep 1998 02:33:22 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of "01 Sep 1998 00:22:08 -0400"
- References: <19980831153430.A782@irfmn.mnegri.it> <E0zDa33firstname.lastname@example.org> <19980831130804.C30743@gate.cks.com> <19980831162328.A1048@worldvisions.ca> <19980831224049.B368@grisu.weh.rwth-aachen.de> <ycqemtw5uof.fsf@portY05.lanzen.net>
email@example.com (Gregory S. Stark) writes:
> Actually Xdelta is cool it deals with this problem, and it has native support
> for .deb files. One of these days I'll go play with it and figure out how to
> set up our archives so that people can download xdelta patches instead of
> complete packages. This will really help people track those large packages
> that keep changing packaging details (hi Branden:).
I doubt that xdelta will actually give you any space savings with .deb
files. .deb files are compressed, so even a minor change to one file
in the package will be likely to make the package incomparable to the
previous version on a binary level.
Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930