Re: Adopting Scilab

Thanks, John. You helped us a lot on that. Currently we have nearly  2,000
software listed on SAL and there are a lot errors and out-of-date information
there. We are going a collect a list of our Debian developers and send each
of them a notice. Hope every developer CC: to us when they upload their package
to master so we can update SAL page promptly.

We are big Debian fans and try our best to support this wonderful "LINUX of
LINUX" project. Having around 2,200 pages, SAL has quickly overgrown our
limit of voluntary work. Currently we are working on getting some sponsorship
from commercial LINUX vendors in order to hire someone to do some spell checking
and updating. However, the updated information from you developers is the most
valuable sponsorship! We also firmly believe Debian is the best LINUX for
scientists and engineers.

Thanks again,

--ward