Re: Intend to package ethereal and geg

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

hamish>On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 01:38:08PM +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
hamish>> Just to say I packaged geg and ethereal :
hamish>
hamish>For what it's worth, isn't an "intent to package" meant to come
hamish>before packing, to give people a chance to discuss it? Possible
hamish>discussions include (a) it's been packaged before (happens quite a lot
hamish>of late), (b) the license isn't suitable, (c) should we really
hamish>have such a package (eg eggdrop)?

	I think you are correct. But it is not clear whether he uploaded
it.    I usually investigate packaging before I announce, and sometimes
most or (often enough)  all the work is done.  But I don't upload until at
least a few days after I announce, because of the reasons you mentioned
(and it's written in one of the packaging docs to do it this way).

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>