Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:12:04 -0400, Christian Hudon wrote:

>look obsolete to Joe Consumer who doesn't read debian-devel and doesn't
>know how our release system works.

    "How our release system works."  It works like every release system has
worked up until 1995.

    And what happens when people catch on that 2.0r2 is not 2.0?  The same
thing that happens with 2.0.0 or, *GASP* Windows95OSR2b.  State it clearly
and in the conventions that have been used for DECADES.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my