Re: mozilla problem
On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 01:05:52PM -0500, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> | > Warning:
> | > Name: Text
> | > Class: XmTextField
> | > Character 'h' not supported in font. Discarded.
> By the advice of somebody(can't remember) on debian-user I added the
> following to /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape.
> # Set some env vars to make things work better
> export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokenLocale.so.1
> This seemed to fix those types of problems.
I just tried this, and it worked for me. Maybe it should go into the
default netscape4 installer package... or maybe it's too much of a hack. I
can think of ways to do this, with "ldd | grep libc.so.6" and other
nasties... still, it makes the libc6 version of netscape usable, and the
libc6 one starts considerably faster.