Re: File renamer

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 11:22:00AM -0700, David Welton wrote:
> Hi, a friend of mine wrote a thing to rename a bunch of files, say
[...]
> Does anyone know of anything similiar?  That is not a .deb ?
> Otherwise I'll package it just for fun:->

dpkg --info dists/slink/main/binary-i386/utils/mmv_1.01b-7.deb
 new debian package, version 2.0.
 size 23708 bytes: control archive= 436 bytes.
     457 bytes,    12 lines      control
 Package: mmv
 Version: 1.01b-7
 Architecture: i386
 Depends: libc6
 Installed-Size: 49
 Maintainer: Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>
  mmv is a program to move/copy/append/link multiple files
  according to a set of wildcard patterns. This multiple action is
  performed safely, i.e. without any unexpected deletion of files due to
  collisions of target names with existing filenames or with other
  target names.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed