Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

	I was about to send a message to the list... oh well... I intended
to ask if the mirrors of cdimage.debian.org were up to date, since I just
checked some of them (I am downloading right now the CDs from sunsite) and they
have the same timestamp (July 24th) but, in my opinion, a bit too old, since
Ive read some bug reports regarding cd_autoup.sh ..

	I am going to roast two official CDs (main and sources) for distribution
on the only spanish Linux-based magacine. These magacine gave Debian 1.3.1 with
its first number (January this year) and I wanted it to give away Debian 2.0 with
its September issue... Please note (read debian-user-spanish) that it is not at all
that easy for Spanish users to find a vendor which will bring them Debian cds (although
there was very good talk of Cheapbytes)

	Alas, if there is going a new release I would like to have the *latest*
version, please note this will be only done once (as far as I know) in Spain (the
magacine is also sent to SouthAmerica)... so my question is...

	When will this release be made? This week? Next?
	Will cdimage.debian.org will be open for everybody (w/o password) to take the
images or will we have to wait for the mirror sites to update?

	Thanks in advance

	Javi

PD: I really want to give, as Debian maintainer, a good image of the latest release
of Debian here in Spain...

On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 05:10:20PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are about releasing a new set of hamm.

(...)