Re: more developer identity stuff

On Sun, Aug 23, 1998 at 04:53:27PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Ossama Othman wrote:
> >
> > Once my identity has been confirmed, what will Debian do with the
> > documents?  Sorry for the paranoia, but I've never met any of you.
> > Handing over things that prove my identity to people I don't know just
> > doesn't sound appealing to me.  :-)
> >

> There has to be some trust sometime - for Debian, handing over the ability
> to screw up the distribution to someone whose identity isn't known doesn't
> sound appealing either. :-)

Thats very true...
Allot of people trust the "Debian Developers" every user weho installs
a package you create trusts that you didn't add any malicious code or
backdoors...it is scarey to think how easily an "evil minded" person
with the ability to upload packages into the system could do
(Im only "evil minded" enough to think about it ;) )

> FWIW I sent in my ID and they haven't done anything nefarious with it yet.

Also...as I believe I said yesterday...(don't remember if I sent the e-mail)
If you live in the US (I am asumeing you do) Your driver's licnese number
is public record...all someone would have to do is request it from the
DMV.

I also sent in my driver's licence

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"