Re: more developer identity stuff

Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu> wrote:
> Would the fact that I am listed in Cornell's online directory serve as any
> proof of identity, or will I still have to send copies of official
> documents?

The problem is: how do we know that you're you?  Sending the
official documents isn't really adequate (since we don't know
that you're not sending someone else's official documents).
And we can assume that you're in the cornell official directory
because you have a cornell official email address.

At least if you send images derived from the official documents, and
they correlate with your email address, it's fairly plausible that you're
not being spoofed by someone else.

--
Raul