Re: MPICH up for adoption

John and Debian Developers,

Kachina intends to take over some scientific computing related packages.
Internally, we have packaged some numerical libraries under bo. MPICH is
certainly one of them that we are most interested. We are now in the
process of allocating some resources before we officially announce our
adoptions.

Our ultimate goal is to have as many ready-to-install .deb software
listed on our SAL (http://sal.kachinatech.com) site. This is what our
users of SAL asked for. It may take longer than we expected. :-)

However, I do not know if it is OK for a company to be the developers
of some packages. And also we want to ask if it is a good idea to create
a branch under local/ for dselect to pick up. Please advise.

--ward

Ward Deng, Ph.D                   |  Kachina Technologies, Inc.
Vice President and COO            |  4708 Douglas MacArthur Road NE,
Tel: 505-888-5934                 |  Albuquerque NM 87110
Fax: 505-888-5902                 |  info@KachinaTech.COM
Email: Ward.Deng@KachinaTech.COM  |  URL: http://www.KachinaTech.COM