Re: Australian Personal Computer - Highly Commended Award (fwd)

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 01:02:47AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> >The following was sent to webmaster. Someone from Australia
> >will have to comment on the quality of this magazine. If it
> >is a good mag, we should make an announcement and add 'award
> >winning' to all our Debian publicity. Every one else does
> >it, why not us. :)
> >
> >Ian, as our leader do you want the award sent to you?
>
> The magazine used to be quite good.  I gave up reading it some time ago when
> it became too much MS-centric (as did most of the press).  The magazine is
> basically worth-while and I've actually bought copies in the past.
> Mentioning that Debian has won an APC award would not be a bad thing to do.

It was very good in the early 1990s and late 1988s (when they had
assembler listings :-) It's improved recently though, with reasonable Linux
coverage (albeit mostly RedHat) and some Linux stuff on the cover disc.
They have become a bit MS-cyncical of late too.

Hamish