intent to package (math and geophysics)

	xmap8 has a BSD-style license.  I am corresponding a bit with the
author on how to package it.  It is still segfaulting on one of the demos
, and I don't know why. More information below.

	simath is a symbolic algebra system.  Unfortunatley it has a more
restrictive license than I originally thought when packaging.  They use
debian for development, however.  I gave them a package with most of work
done and they expressed interest in maintaining it.  Currently Simens AG
will only allow them to distribute it from their site.  I won't do any
more work on this (I answer their questions.)
http://emmy.math.uni-sb.de/~simath/index.html

Package: xmap8
 Xmap8 is an all purpose, three-dimensional, GIS mapping
 and data  exploration  tool.
 .
 The program can read in several different 3D objects:
 sources - earthquakes, points, etc.
 stations
 maps - geologic, gmt
 wells - lines, 3D vectors, deviated boreholes with lithology and dip
 points - labeled points with color and size information
 wireframe objects -  3D structures
 2D and 3D raster files
 irregularly spaced data fields, which can be gridded and contoured
 predetermined cross sections
 Some modules are:
 Spin Module - Allows users to rotate objects in 3D (postscript available)
 Time Module - Allows users to see events plotted in time sequences
 Homepage: http://love.geology.yale.edu/~lees/xmap8/

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>