Re: Poor Man's XT doc (pre-releace)

>  >Does X allow sharing of floppy disks and audio?????
>
>   The X protocol does Audio.
>
>It does?  Can you give an example of a program that uses this?

I recall that one of the recent X releases had a feature called "Broadway"
which did audio as well as the usual video/mouse/keyboard.  I do not know of
an example of a program that supports this.  Someone else sent me an email
suggesting the use of NAS for this, NAS is another solution to this problem.

It's just occurred to me that there aren't that many X programs that use
sound, many of them fall into the category of games such as Quake (which you
definately don't want running accross the network).  Maybe the real solution
is to allow running Quake etc locally?

--
This is what they pay me for.