SPI representative on LI

We need to find a replacement rep. for SPI at Linux International,
since Bruce was our rep. and has now left.  John Hall mailed me to
remind me about this.

I'd be happy if interested people would declare themselves, and we can
discuss it.  Then the SPI board will appoint someone.

Here is what John Hall said about the task:
> I should point out that Linux International is a vendor
> organization, and tries to deal with vendor issues.  I am not quite
> sure that Bruce understood that when SPI joined.  We really have no
> desire to steer the Linux community in one way or another other than
> trying to get them to understand what is important for ISVs, for
> OEMs, for VARs, etc.  We also try to help explain to "commercial"
> organizations (both end users and OEMs) the advantages of using and
> supporting Linux.
>
> We would be interested to continue having input (as we have been)
> from SPI and the Debian community.  We would need to have one person
> act as the representative to the Board of Directors.  Be aware that
> this person need not be technical, as most of the discussions are
> more around business issues, shows we go to, things we wish to
> sponsor, etc.

He also said something about having people on LI's technical board.
I'll ask him for some more detail about that.

Thanks,
Ian.